Friday, September 10, 2010

Why we love to play for Siasia, reveals Onyekachi Apam

Samson Siasia has been a successful coach at youth and Olympic levels because of the bond between he and the players, according to one of his biggest discoveries Onyekachi Apam, who features for French club Rennes.


“Siasia is every player’s dream coach. He is very close to his players, very disciplined, hard working and always puts in his best at all times. The close relationship that exists between coach Siasia and his players makes the players want to die for him on the field of play and I believe he could bring such attitude to the senior national team,” Apam told MTNFootball.com in an exclusive interview.
“I will be very happy for him if he is eventually given the job to handle the senior national team because from the much I know of him, he can lead us to the Promised Land. I don’t choose who to play for but the style the coach introduces makes or mar my play. Coach Siasia’s style has been appealing to me right from the U-20 and U-23 days and it would be great to play under him at the senior level.”
The highly-rated central defender also said that he cannot wait to be declared fully fit after a long-term knee injury so as to make his debut for new club Rennes.
“I just can’t wait to make my debut with Rennes which I believe won’t be long because the doctors have given some assurances that before long I will be up and doing what I know best,” he revealed.

Congratulations once more on your transfer. However, you’re yet to make your Rennes debut. What is really the nature of your knee injury? It seems it’s a lot more serious than earlier thought.
I am really happy about my new club and I thank God for His mercies. I just can’t wait to make my debut for Rennes which I believe won’t be long because the doctors have given some assurances that before long I will be up and doing what I know best. All I know is that I feel some niggling pains around my right knee. It was a lot more serious than I had earlier thought.

Did you need surgery for this injury? Onyekachi Apam
Yes. The injury needed surgery and it was done immediately after the World Cup in the United Kingdom and it was a success and I give God all the glory.
Obviously, you must have been disappointed you did not make the final squad because of your injury. As you are still on the treatment table, it means Largerback was right to drop you on account of this injury.
I don’t have any regrets missing out on the World Cup partly due to the injury and Largerback was right to drop me on account of my injury and I believe that all things work out for good.

So, how soon will you now start playing again?
I am already itching for action but I must wait for the doctor to give me a clean bill before I start playing again. I really can’t wait for that day.
You have finally reunited with your former coach at Rennes. Were the transfer negotiations difficult and complicated knowing that Nice were never willing to let you go?
Re-uniting with my former coach at Rennes is a dream comes true. I am happy about the re-union because he is a good coach who I spent a lot of time with at OGC Nice.
So, I am happy for my transfer despite the fact that it was a bit difficult but I told them I wanted to leave so they had no choice than to let me go. I have been there for four and half years, which is a lot of time.
I spent a good time with them even going on to captain them and the fans of the club, I can’t forget in my entire career. They are a lovely set of people who are so committed to the cause of the club. I will miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment