Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Interview with senator jj

Senator John James Akpanudoedehe is a contender in the 2011 guber race in Aklwa Ibom state. Groups and individuals are agoged as they are set to fete the governorship hopeful today in a reception organized by Forum of Uyo Patroit to be attended by high profiled individuals in the state, Ex Governor Victor Attah leading the trail. Global Concord met with the celebrant and spoke rather extensively with him on a number of issues. As usual, the gove rnorship hopeful came out frank and explosively and among other thinks, accused the governor of embarking on divide and rule style of leadership which he said has taken toll on the Ibibio.
Excerpt:
Distinguished Senator, we are here because Akwa Ibom State is set to receive you through the Forum of Uyo Patriots. As such, we want to find out certain things about you, your governorship aspiration and few other things that will assist the public to properly fit into the event. Before we go into that sir, you seem to have gone into politics so early, your political profile is one among the few in Akwa Ibom that are so intimidating. We want to know how you started.
Thank you. Em … it's not by my strength actually, it's God's benevolence upon me. At a very tender age, somebody waited for me at Mfon Peter's residence for almost two weeks. A Yoruba man, I've never seen him and I don't know him and he came to me. I didn't know, he waited for me. I used to go, but I have not been to that place for a long time. So something ministered to me to go and meet Mfon. Mfon is a Pastor now from Abak, I mean former Abak. It should be between Etim Ekpo and Ika. When we arrived, I was on a bike, the man rose up and said; “Yes, I've been waiting for you. God said I should come and anoint you a leader and a prophet”. I didn't take him serious, even though I was a Christian, I wasn't very conscious of it. I went about doing business
(Cuts in).
Sir, at what age was that?
… I wasn't married yet … I was like 20 or thereabout. I went into the University, I got married. When I contested for chairmanship election; I was disqualified from contesting at the first instance. The traditional rulers then who wanted to, who ordained a Chairman by the name Anietie Ndem, a Barrister now, former House of Assembly member, they said all sort of things about me. One of the things they said was, because Bako (our then Governor) was a Moslem, they lied that I'm a radical that I will come and destroy the mosque that was built by Bako, if elected' so I was disqualified based on false information. I want to give credit to some people, especially Ibesikpo people; I want to give credit to Barrister Mike - he's from Ibesikpo. They stood up, Rt. Hon. T. O. Akpan, Akpaudo of Mbierebe, among others, and they gave a lot of support. They did a Manifesto Day where all aspirants appeared. According to them, I made the most objective and practicable manifesto. I listed problems that affected the people of the then Uyo Local Government area and gave solutions in a more objective form. They at that spot decided in my favor. I'm sorry, I've forgotten the names of many of them, but I'll remember again. They protested my exclusion. I met the Director of SSS and told him listen, “I have a God”, and I challenged Him. The man said: “will you win if I clear you?” I said “I will win”. I was cleared by 3 pm. The next day was election yet people voted massively for me. That was the first time they tried option A4, I became Chairman of Uyo Local Government Area through option A4. After I became the Chairman, I did everything I promised the people of Uyo then, though I was basically not supported by my kinsmen, I was supported by Ibesikpo and some factional people from Uyo Federated, it was divided into Uyo Federated and Ibesikpo, so I give credit to them. They gave me a lot of support. I give credit to the Paramount ruler of Ibesikpo Asutan to day, Chief Ita Bassey Etuk, the late B. Udom, those are the people who supported me. A lot of prominent people, I can list many more of them if I remember. As for the traditional institution, I think I didn't enjoy their support. And my clan then didn't belief that I can win because it was a very short period 9 months, they said: “Ah, We don't want you to run 9 months; we want a full tenure of 3 years or four years”. You can give that to them. The argument was that 9 months was too short for an Offot man that I should wait for when it is three years or so. And do you know what? That became the last office to be occupied by an Offot man in the whole Uyo Local Government as it then was. During my tenure, they cut Uyo into two Ibesikpo went the other way. I happened to be the last Chairman …what we did then was, we promised Ibesikpo that within 100 days we are going to give them electricity which we did. The electrification from Uyo to Ibesikpo, I did that within 100 days. And I generated employment to about 1,500 youths. Is on record! … We were collecting about 1.5 million and our salary bill was between 1.8 or something. We were always at deficit, so we needed to generate revenue. So we started aggressive generation of revenue.... During my tenure, there was proliferation of parks; there were parks in almost every house. So I sanitized the system and people were parking wrongly. We needed to close some of the parks. That brought a head on collision with the then governor because we closed, we ventured to close the Young-Shall-Grow then, may be there was an interest, I don't know what it was. But I later learnt that Chief of Naval Staff called in, the owner of the Young-Shall-Grow must have called the Chief of Staff who must have ordered the Governor that the park should be reopened. Having realized that I was elected by the people, and that I needed to serve the people, I refused to reopen the park. I was threatened by the then Governor, then I resigned. I did not reach my house when they asked security operatives to arrest me. I was arrested, detained… We wrote a petition with a lawyer, the lawyer now is a Judge, (I'm not going to mention his name) at Abuja. The then NSA (National Security Adviser) asked for my release, and then I was released. Then that took me to the situation that happened long time ago in 1979. I've told this story before. My father ran election against Okokon Etuk, that is why you see this kind of enmity between me and him today. Is not because I insult him... He ran election and defeated my father, my father came second runner, then Ntisong Umoren became third. He was in UPN. My father was NPN and GNPP won. So I saw him on TV bragging that Senatorial seat is not for “children” but a house of “Lords”. I went to the TV too and with what I knew I can do for my people then and the Supports I had from them because I had a good skeletal framework of responsibilities ahead of the election and said I must defeat this man.
I don't know whether these stories make sense to you, but I need to link you up. So I ran election again. I went to, (I was in NCPN) Etiebet abandoned NCPN, we left NCPN to GDM, I met Dr. Ebong there. Then Chief Okoko had made up his mind to give the ticket to Dr. Ebong, I left to UNCP two weeks, the only candidate they had was Okon Etuk for Senate. Of course I floored him at the primaries, and then faced Dr. Maurice Ebong. If you look at my background, all their boasting … you will see that God is kind, because He knew my intention. Then I defeated him. Abacha died, they were calling me names. I remember when I said to God “Your name Jesus is desired above every other name, you are my creator, and you are the one that designed these things”. I went for primaries three times, out of the three candidates during the Abacha's regime. When I was elected Senator, my contemporaries that time, my colleagues were Amana, you know Engr. Amana, you know his credentials, you know Ime Umana, … As far as I am concerned, those are highly rated people. Today with all amount of humility and respect, I am the only person called Senator because when Abacha died and the new era came, none of them could come back, Sorry. The two Senators, Ibok Essien and Udoudoma were given consensus ticket by Don Etiebet. Don Etiebet had no structure in Akwa Ibom … There is what we called “Uyo Akwa Ibom” then it was led by Etukudo Ekpro. It was Uyo Akwa Ibom that Etiebet used and amalgamate. The amalgamation of different groups which we know made him to be a member of the Board of Trustees of PDP. We had to believe that he was going to give us ticket, but he dumped Ekpro, disappointed Ekpro and did what he did. I'm not bothered about that but there is something I want you to understand: God has used me as a trail blazer. I'm the first person that opened the way for every young person to imagine going into politics. Today, everybody wants to be Chairman, Senator, etc. I opened the door. I gave the young but intelligent minds to talk about the Senate. I gave them confidence to talk about being a senator today. I can go on and on but to answer your question, I have been inspired by God, it's a define call.
How did you fare sir during your days as Chairman and Senator? How did you reconcile with your opponents?
Of course I don't have evil mind against any one who venture into politics against me. Politics, call it governance, is a field that needs many players and if you have only one player, then you're in for disaster. I carried all my opponents along. For instance I gave one of them a job to evaluate all the sign posts though he complained that he wasn't paid. Whether he was paid or not, I brought him, Chief Barrister Aniedi Ndem into my government and I gave him that contract. I have photographs to convince you that I incorporated them. Not only that, I made him into the House of Assembly. I started the zoning of political offices in Uyo. Our people in fact, some people, are still holding that against me. Our people wanted to run against him, the Offot Clan, so I came and said no, they should allow it to rotate. Since the day of Hon. Elijah Akpan Okon, no Ikono man had ventured to be anything. I made Hon. Essien Nkanga, Chairman; the next person is Ekere Afia. Some one may ask me: “what is between you and them?” Human nature! The Yorubas rejected Obasanjo. It didn't stop him from helping the Yorubas. The Igbos rejected their own … so all these small, small disappointments will not stop the larger interest that we've begun.
We understand the game, we understand these things, we know all these ungratefulness. They will never, never be hinderance to our course. They can not stop us from doing what is right to build capacity among our people. So people like us, you must have a large heart, a “Mandela's heart” to forgive, to move ahead and one of the things that shielded me may be, you might not remember to ask me the question is, when I help you like people helped me to get to the top, I don't look up to you for help. I get my satisfaction from making you, whatsoever comes out of it … whether you respect me or abuse me, I don't care … because I have come to understand human nature and how to deal with them. In my church, we call it obstacles to heaven. Those challenges from people you made, or assisted to climb to the top. They are to test your strength and ability to deal with challenges and still keep your head high. As I am talking to you now, I don't have any bad feeling against any of them.
Sir, why do you want to be the Governor, and what are the areas you will focus more if you are elected?
Thank you so much for that question, I have answered this question so many times. I'm interested about this question. I have just woke up and realized that it was incumbent on me to deliver my people. Akwa Ibom is held hostage, in captivity. I look at what God has done for me and I was afraid that if I don't deliver Akwa Ibom from this government, that God can actually take all that He has given to me. He took me to the history of Jonah and I was frightened. When Jonah was swallowed by the extraordinary big fish and he was there, you know the story. The prayer he offered frightened me. You must realize that God has helped you for something; he has raised you for a purpose. God has helped me to realize that I was raised for a purpose. Before now, I was waiting for Oro people that they are going to run. I waited for them, nobody came out, the Abak people too, nobody came out, Ikot Abasi, Eket my Ibibio brothers, nobody came out.
So frankly speaking, this is a period of exigency.
What is going on is different and unusual. It is not a normal thing. As a matter of fact, if you ask me to start pouring my mind, if it was a normal thing, may be I wouldn't have been the choice … I have realized that God raised me as a chairman when some people never thought I can be, Senator amidst severe obstacles. I came to a conclusion that if I don't do what I'm doing after he has shown me these things and gave me strength beyond fears and intimidation, that God will be angry with me. That is why I feel sad, is a laughable thing anyway when somebody stands up to say: “Udoedehe is running this thing so that he can go and get money”. I don't understand and I don't blame them. We are used to it. I am actually used to some pessimistic elements.
Sometimes people look at surmounting challenges which they have to bitterly accept, live with it as painful as it is, they are cowards to accept such ugly situation as their fate and since they cannot help themselves, they think other people cannot do it. I have seen captivity, I have seen the fear, I have seen the poverty, how we suffer in the midst of plenty, how our men, our supposed men of honour, how they have come to … I don't want to be harsh in English, they have turned our men, our heroes to something I cannot explain. You see a man that the commoners are supposed to look up to doing something contrary and it worries me. And people - few- benefiting from the sorry state of things here. Yet they say the change, the revolution that we so much need now cannot happen and I say no it can happen. It happened in Rwanda, they say it cannot happen, I say, “no”, it can happen. It happened at Edo State; it happened at Ondo State, it may happen at Ekiti State! I am Senator John Udoedehe, I am saying if it is God's will, there will be total overhaul of this system for the better. Gone are the days when few people take hostage of many people. Those people who want liberation will honestly be liberated.
We don't need to be fooled again. They have lied to you people so much. Some people came here, some Journalists, I don't know if you were part of them, I asked them simple questions about this state and government, they had no idea. People are not informed; the budget of this government is manipulated to pass through the House. It is not opened to the public, people cannot ask questions, they don't know their rights, people are not aware of their sovereign rights. So our own business is to enlighten people and why am I doing this? It is because God has raised me, He's kind to me, and He has prepared me to go in during times like this … So the issue of fear does not come in, my life had been threatened so many times. I want to tell you what my father told me. My father used to tell me, listen there are a lot of things that can kill people. I asked him: what? He said, malaria kills, typhoid kills, he mentioned other things that kill. So I made up my mind as a child that when you threaten me with gun, you are a non starter. You threaten me with blackmail or whatever; it does not matter to me because you are directing the insult, the abuse, the character assassinations to people who know me well enough to testify about me.
So to be brief and back to the point, I want people to understand that I am not hungry for money or power. If it was the normal situation, may be I would not have featured. What is happening in this state has … we need to go back to God to ask if there is anything we did wrong. I don't blame anybody, rather I blame myself; that is why I keep apologizing to Akwa Ibom people, we need to pray and ask God, what have we done wrong for these things to befall us? What have we done wrong to the extent that we cannot see when we are supposed to see? … our churches have been turned into a mere alter of gratification, the priests of old used to stand up for what is right, but the priests of today, I am not doing a general classification please, but if you go into churches, you hear priests singing praises for gratification. The traditional institutions are not left out. For instance, as I am talking to you now, is it not shameful as an Ibibio man that Godswill Akpabio has elected two Okuibom for us? You know he is not wishing us well. Afterward somebody will say I'm not supposed to speak like that; that I am playing ethnic politics. I am an Ibibio man first before am Akwa Ibom man. An Anang man is Anang man first before he is an Akwa Ibom man; Oron person the same thing. For you to rule this state well, you must know the profile of this society. If you don't understand the society, you cannot rule it. When you know these differences, you know what to do and what not to do. Today, is it not very shameful that the governor is dividing the Ibibios, the divide and rule tactics? He pumped in money to divide what is supposed to be our honour by secretly supporting two Okuibom, Edidem Akpabio Ukpa and Edidem J. Obot. If you look at these things beyond the ordinary, you know the implications on a people like Ibibio. You will equally agree that we have to do atonement because there may be something we did or our parents did that we need to cry out to God for forgiveness otherwise it becomes a curse and the devil use that against us. I don't like saying most of these things because people may not know where I am coming from. Today Godswill is using this tactics, is a very simple tactics, but dangerous, divide and rule. If he sees a people … I want to give you a story that happened between me and Professor King. Godswill went to Prof King and said Udoedehe said you are not from Akwa Ibom State that is why you are not made a minister, why is he saying that? He is trying to cause confusion between me and Professor King? Is that how a leader
(Cuts in)
Where is Prof. King From?
Prof. King is from Eket and is close to Goodluck Jonathan (the Acting President), they have been friends for a very long time. What is he trying to do? He is trying to bring in enmity between him and me so that I may not have his favour. I was very close to Ime Albert in his divide and rule, he will say things the other way round to divide the family.
A governor should bring unification. I'm being personal; people may ask me: why are you angry? I'm angry because this is not the young man we envisaged. We thought we saw a young man that can bring Akwa Ibom together, bring all the groups together genuinely. It is not about being sarcastic, you know somebody or when you see somebody you put up a deceptive smile and you have this evil, satanic humility.
I will struggle and win and lead Akwa Ibom State and bring prosperity, safety and peace to its citizens. Please note it. It is very important. This is democracy, you don't rule people by force, allow people to choose who should rule them. The only thing that can give this government an edge over us is if they are ruling well. Talk about security, there are modern things you can do to bring security. How can you have 800 billion and people are being killed everyday, people are being kidnapped, being threatened and frightened everyday? There is no doubt about it; the bible said it: “when the righteous is on the throne, the people rejoice” …If people are not rejoicing, the reverse is the case. Can we stop these things; the killings, the kidnapping, does the government have power to stop it? Of course, it has. Where do I get my idea from? I was a Minister of state for FCT and that is the safest place in Nigeria. How did we do it? We engaged the police very well, we empowered the police, we brought electronic gadgets, we brought systems that, for instance why do you have police check points when you have an x-ray machine, a stand by one that if a car drives pass, it will x-ray everything that is in that car and even transmit it to somewhere before you go to another checkpoint, they will tell you “there is gun in your car”. You don't need to block the roads, the systems are there, cameras are there. There is a lot of good governance. When you think well, you see well.
Distinguished Senator, some people believe that your aspiration is sequel to the feud between you and Governor Godswill Akpabio. Is that true?
Em … you see, I want to give you a story so that you and those people can understand. It takes Esther to rescue Modorcai and it took Moses to deliver the children of Israel. You know those stories in detail. What do I mean? You must live with a king to understand what the king is doing. I am the only person that knows Godswill. I saw him innocent and I have seen him in a different dimension. I guaranteed Godswill before Akwa Ibom people. I guaranteed him and I saw the mistake I made. I keep telling you that it is incumbent on me; “Ami nke sin ekpo usung idim, ami mbo nyung nsio”, spiritually, physically, I made him governor, I'm the only person that will remove him because he has disappointed the people. That is why I told him “you are a betrayer” and I meant it. That is not how we planned government. You let government to be hijacked by people of questionable characters? … the idea was for Godswill Akpabio to bring the kind of sycophancy and fear, a kind of insurgency that will make people not to challenge him, or even to go to the polling unit to vote but such fear is fast fading away … we have to look at the positive part of it. For instance somebody said: “why should Attah support me because I used to work against Attah”. But they've forgotten that me and Attah are Christians and that there must be points for genuine reconciliation especially when collective interest of the people is endangered. There must be forgiveness and readiness to forge ahead for a common goal and time heals. So even Godswill Akpabio, tomorrow we can become friends if he comes to his senses. If he can reason, one of the things he is fighting is, “oh if I become Governor, I will send him to prison, I'm not like him, I'm not like that, I have a heart of containing or forgiving, I mean there are things I don't do because I am human, no matter what I do or be in this life, I cannot be God and no one can. Therefore there are certain things you allow, because I'm not covetous, I'm not envious. If I'm envious, there are a lot of people in this government I can bring down, one second, people who have abused me, I know how I can get them, I can do it. He accused me of writing petition. I swore to him that I've never sponsored anybody to write petition as for saying things you have been doing wrongfully, I have been saying them, so he was shocked because that was what was used initial and he did not learn from my feud with Obong Victor Attah. What brought the problem between me and Obong Attah. Rita Akpan, was doing the same thing Chris Ekong was doing because he wanted relevant in the Local Government and cause a longer problem. So people don't learn from history. Am I not supposed to be in the government that people trusted me and voted for that government so that I can say: “don't do this”? We are supposed to be in a caucus so that we can put things right; is it not so? How can you come into Local Government and just select some people and destroy the political system that even brought you? You select people to be councilors, and chairmen. You destroy genuine aspiration, you impose people who are virtually on oath and cannot move and people say I should not say that. You must say them! There is nobody in this government that can freely say anything. Why? We must forgive them. They are on oath to Godswill Akpabio. It happened in Germany, when Hitler came, he turned the army, and everybody to swear allegiance to him and not to the state. Are we right? It has happened before the same thing has happened here today everybody is on oath. Everybody you see in this government that is participating properly is on oath. He cannot say anything. I know what I am talking about, so if you see that this is what is going on and you refuse to act then God will be angry with you, you have to be afraid of the wrath of God. I want to tell you a story so that people will learn. If you are building the best hotel in you in a manner That is not pleasing to God I have seen a lot of them and I'm not praying for hotels to collapse but they will collapse. Any wealth that is not founded on the principle of God will collapse; that is why the bible says: “if you see the wicked prospering be not afraid because an evil man prosper in his way”. It says “ do not worry Do not worry, don't brother” but I want to thank the Akwa Ibom people, they have been resilient and hopeful. What I have seen these days am I'm not going to say that people are not going to be negative about me. But I can't be distracted by negativity because I've seen a lot of goodwill too. I've seen people come to tell me: “Ah, God will not forgive us if we don't support you”. I have seen somebody come and give me one hundred and fifty thousand and and say “please put it in the struggle.” Pastor came and gave me three hundred thousand Naira instead of collecting from me. Some have given me four hundred thousand. A man from Ikot Ekpene gave me one hundred and fifty thousand saying “use this and pursue your course”. I have seen people put on T- shirts with my name and photograph from their own money. Now people are selling my T- shirts because they are in high demand. If there is no demand there is no supply. I have seen women whom I'm supposed to give money using their money to support me. If there was no dissatisfaction there would not have been demand for Udoedehe some people are bringing up proganda that I am John the Baptist. But let me tell you, it is because they have disagreed with my principle of giving Oron Deputy they wanted Deputy to come from Abak 5, so they disagreed they know themselves as I'm talking. They say they are more in member than Oron people and that Oron people are not always honest that at the end of the day if their son comes out they will support him. But not all the Oron people. Those are the issues. As I'm talking to you now the same force were working against, they took money from Godswill Akpabio to stop Obong Attah from coming. They rally around Attah as if they love Attah (more than Attah's name). They failed. Obong Attah realized that he needs to be like any other leader; he needs to show strength, he needs to show direction; people are looking for him to show direction. They have been deceiving him (Attah). With due respect where is Rita Akpan today who wanted to kill me, who used to behave as if she loves Attah more than any other person? Where is she today? She is hanging around the corridor of power because she will always be hungry; she was never satisfied with Attah, she will never be satisfied. I can tell you I don't care. Some people believe in that. There are propaganda from those who will not see what you are seeing. What are you seeing? You are seeing how to help the people, you are seeing freedom. That was why God said: “go and blow the trumpet”. People must always come out of capacity no matter what you do.
That is my concern. I don't bother about reflecting most of these stories because I can not seen why evil can triumph over good. I've been strengthen every day of my life. I have seen a lot of things. You have to be practical about all those things. I want to ask you as good journalists; have I ever or do I have such history of going to election and I take money and back out? Are they saying that because there is history of that? That is propaganda; I expect that.
What will happen on Saturday?
Saturday is the day Uyo people will receive me. I will rejoice and be glad in it. Some people are saying that they are going to pay cult groups to disrupt the show. I am not frightened by this. I want to tell you a story of what happened between the children of Isreal and the Assyrians. There had a prophecy. God said there would be food the next day. They refused to go because they thought that Assyrians would destroy them, but it took four lepers to drive the Assyrians away. I can't be driven by lepers. You can be pessimistic and say “they will kill us when we go there”. Let us be killed first because if you are not there you won't understand. I don't know what they mean By 'cult group would disrupt'. Until we arrive there, then we prove to the people that they are not bigger than Akwa Ibom people. I am sure they are very tiny people. If you carry gun you are an armed robber so you can't drive genuine people out of the state because sovereignty is with the people. So I don't get scared by those kinds of things. You know me very well, I don't get scared. I was elected the chairman of uyo local government Area not by mean order, but by option A4. I have won that election before, I have won land slide, moon slide, any slide you are talking about. So I don't get bothered about all those things because since I started this thing I expect that. It is the law of stratification whenever there is going to be a change, there are people who must resist it. Let me tell you when we started this issue Godswill thought that he is going to cajole me with his normal satanic humility coming to kneel down begging calling me “my brother”, but I told him “ Am going to remove you as governor because you have betrayed us”. He told me that he's going to bring me on my knees in six months. He came to Uyo, gathered people including Hotrico that is in prison today, to abuse me. I told him “you have not started, do something else”.
He even lied to the president that my convoy pursed his convoy out of the way. He told the president: 'I am the governor, why should he pursue me?” And my security was withdrawn and I still came to Uyo without a police. He said “no man burn of a woman can put his poster against Godswill'', my T- shirts are worm in every village in Akwa Ibom. Those are satanic arrogance. Nebuchadnezzar did the same thing (we read it). And we are not being belittled by some coward speech. It does not change the issue that Akwa Ibom people have been killed, maimed kidnapped, impoverished; it does that change that we need to wake up.

Your programmes sir if elected

I am bringing you development and empowerment. I'm going to banish poverty out of this place, you will see it when I contested as the chairman, I told Ibesikpo people that I will give them electricity in hundred days, and I did it. I raised the revenue as Uyo Local Government Area. The same thing is coming, we will bring in industries.
I am going to make myself a role model. I am not against anybody. I am coming in for leadership and not a brutal leadership.

We were expecting PDP congress to…
(cuts in) What we are doing is beyond PDP. Akwa Ibom people are bigger than PDP. Thank God Senate in its wisdom have approved independent candidacy. They cannot hold us captives. They cannot be our Egypt. We cannot allow evil to triumph over good. Akpabio cannot defeat me. I am going to run with or without PDP. I have said this so many times. That means I am not going to stop. The God I worship is bigger than any man. I want a situation where Akwa Ibom people will behave like Edo people, I want Akwa Ibom people to start behaving like Ondo people. Mimiko is Labour Party. What do we gain from PDP? Rather they have used it to siphon our money. All the Federal roads repaired by Akwa Ibom State Government the only money we got from Federal Government is two billion naira because the job is fraudulently awarded, because the Federal Government cannot understand the quantity. They said they have spent two hundred and something billion naira on federal roads what do we do with that? Our people are languishing, we are poor. If you approach Akwa Ibom at night, if you are an economist, you will realize that there is poverty. There is no light. If you cannot switch on generator, it means you have none, or you don't have money to fuel it, or you are pretending because you don't want people to know that you have money so that you will not be kidnapped. There are a lots of indices academically that you can see there is something wrong. If you come to Akwa Ibom between 8.pm and 9pm it is dark which means that people are not doing well. Why are we struggling? If we don't stand up against this evil, you can be a rich man but you can't enjoy it.
Akpabio does not perform. He is only clapping with one hand. You need two hands to clap. It is incumbent on me to do what I'm doing. We are not quarrelling, we only disagree. He does not meet the expectation of Akwa Ibom people. This is not what I envisaged. I envisaged a government where people would be happy. Godswill has no blue print. He didn't know anywhere. For instance, Enen Nsit, I mentioned it during the campaign, fly over, I mentioned it. He does not have any blue print. Just, watch those cassettes. Just look at the budget of the state. It does not speak; and any budget that does not speak is not a budget. If we ask: what is the budget saying? Road. What is road?

No comments:

Post a Comment