Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Enen Nsit, Please Wait For Udoedehe (2)

Dry your tears, …
We have drunk
From all the springs
of ill fortune …
and our senses are now opened.
Benard Dadie

Obong Enen Nsit,
Sorry for not publishing the concluding part of this letter in the last edition. The reason I failed to do that was because of writing about Chief Sunny Ibanga who now parades, round about and boast around the streets of Ikot Ekpene that he has now become an ethnic warrior, emerging solely to finish the Ibibios, especially those who want to truncate the inordinate second term ambition of Chief Godswill Akpabio. Before I go on, I will like to ask them (Sunny Ibanga and co) why they want to second-term the incumbent governor?
Da, you are a coward, though I can't blame you, I rather blame those sons of yours in government who can't look at Chief Akpabio eyeball to eyeball and tell him “your Excellency, why do you decide to abandon Mr. Ene Nsit, but go on with contemporary roads”?
Though a week ago, immediately after the first part of this letter was published, I saw about ten truck load of laterite and the same quantity of stone-base and sand dumped in (Enen Nsit) you. Did you ask them what was or is going on? I know you would not have the guts to ask, so I had done that for you. When I asked one of the workers, he told me that Bro. Goddy wants to hurriedly finish about one over hundred of the road ( that is from Ikot Ntan Nsit to either Ekpene Ikpa or Obo Etim) so that he can commission alongside his other so called “people oriented projects” on Democracy Day (May 29).
Enen Nsit I know they (those in government) regard you as a fool, of course you are. Yes, you are, but sorry if I have offended you. This is because more than 95% of the road is untouched, yet somebody said he wants to commission it at least for self aggrandizement. They are busy doing the area (of the road) which every eye sees.
Enen Nsit I would suggest that you revolt, but you are incapacitated. Your incapacitation is natural, that of your people in government is not natural, but because their stock-in-trade is to worship man. What your people are known for is sycophancy. But I wonder why people would refuse to say their minds because they want to be in government for life, perhaps die there because according to some of them, there is no other business for them except politics. Haba! Ndito Nsit! Why so naïve and myopia?
Enen Nsit, dry your tears and wait for Udoedehe. Yes, wait for him because he was the one said you would be constructed when he (Udoedehe) came to Nsit Ibom with Brother Goddy to campaign. Wait for him because he is the original owner of the idea of Enen Nsit Road. I know when he takes over government from May 29, 2011, he will make you perfect. So dry your tears, dry them, for your plight is our plight; as Benard Dadie would say; “we have drunk from all the springs of ill-fortunes … and our senses are now opened”.

No comments:

Post a Comment